The Highland Echo

East Milford’s swim team makes a splash

"Fake News"

Back to Article
Back to Article

East Milford’s swim team makes a splash

Carlos in the pool.  Not pictured--hundreds of weights needed to even out the swimming field.

Carlos in the pool. Not pictured--hundreds of weights needed to even out the swimming field.

Mother Carlos

Mother Carlos

Mother Carlos

Carlos Miller, Sports Editor

The Olympics is no longer the main concern of superstar swimmer Michael Phelps. He will now be turning his attention toward East Milford High School’s newly formed swim team.
For years students have tried to form a swim team here at East Milford High School, however, they continued to run into concerns that halted any progress made to get the team off the ground. The first issue was where would they be able to practice? The answer came in the form of the recently renovated pool on the roof.

The pool has been up on the roof since the school was built in 1962, but as the years went on, it became more run down. About a year and a half ago, leftover money was put into renovating the pool, giving the team a place to start their program.
They also needed to find a coach. Prayers were answered when retired Olympic swimmer wanting to keep his swimming career alive, Michael Phelps called EMHS begging for a job. With 28 medals in his career, he brings very good knowledge of the sport.

The number one swimmer on the team is junior Carlos Belcaro. He is extremely skilled and with Michael Phelps as the coach, Belcaro can be training for the Olympic gold in no time.
But for now, Carlos Belcaro will have to settle for a high school championship as he strives for greatness.

If you want to go watch a meet, the way you get to the pool will be by walking in the main entrance, going straight and making a left and then making a right and start heading to the gym make a left and cut through the gym and make another left. Then walk down the ramp and make a right, a left, another left, another left, a right down the ramp past the band room, a left and then past the auditorium, and then another left up the ramp, and then a right until you get to the elevator. Take the elevator up to the second floor. Make a right out of the elevator and walk around the entire figure eight on the second floor go down the stairs that take you back to the main entrance. Make a left past the main office and take the elevator and take it to the third floor and then a staircase will take you to the roof where the pool will be.

• East Milford’s swim team makes a splash

News

Currently news is happening now

Bucky's Backyard

Saying “bye-bye” to buffalo chicken

Bucky's Backyard

Oh, deer! Bucky overthrows Pollaro as chief

News

Currently news is happening now

• Sports

Saquon trade

Bucky's Backyard

Saying “bye-bye” to buffalo chicken

• Arts & Entertainment

Avengers,End This Movie Franchise Already.

• Editorial

Suburban maternal units know everything

Bucky's Backyard

• Sports

Swinging for a bounce back year

The student news site of West Milford Township High School
East Milford’s swim team makes a splash