The student news site of West Milford Township High School

The Highland Echo

TJ Maxx celebrates Grand Opening in WM

Shana Bigley, Out and About Editor

West Milford finally opened a department store in the center of town on September 18, TJ Maxx. Built in place of the old movie theater, this department store is easily accessible. It not only serves as a great way to employ WMHS students, but it also allows students to buy items at affordable prices.
On the opening day, both shoppers and employees were interviewed in order to get their insight on why a local TJ Maxx serves as a great investment. When asked why she liked the new store, one TJ Maxx shopper said that it was because, “It is close to home and has a lot of variety.” This statement serves true, as TJ Maxx carries everything from clothes to room decor. The store is known to carry designer brands for reasonable prices. Such brands include Calvin Klein,BCBGeneration, Wildfox, J Brand, Bebe, Michael Kors- and many others. TJ Maxx is not limited to women’s wear, as it also supplies childrens’, juniors, men’s, and plus size clothing. Aside from attire, they also sell cosmetics, handbags, women’s shoes, homeware, and decor.
TJ Maxx’s customer service was exceptional and employees greeted new shoppers with friendly smiles offering their help. The new attraction drew in multiple customers, ready to score good deals and scope out the new merchandise. Shortly after their 8 A.M. opening, the line for the cash register went around the store, establishing opening day as a huge success!
A local student employee enjoys working at TJ Maxx, saying, “It is a quick drive from home. It also brings the town together.” Just a mere seven minutes from the high school, the location of the department store makes it particularly convenient for those who find themselves rushing to find a dress to wear to a friend’s sweet sixteen the next day, or even for a quick birthday gift.
Many people agree that they are excited to shop at TJ Maxx because they no longer have to travel down Route 23 in order to buy bare necessities. Before the newly opened TJ Maxx, one would have to leave town in order to buy name brand clothing items. Because the department store sells a variety of merchandise- many which can’t be found within town anywhere else- TJ Maxx does not have the potential to hurt local businesses or create competition. Instead, it will help the economic growth of our town, create jobs, improve taxes, and even welcome out-of-town shoppers.
As of October, TJ Maxx maintains outstanding achievement- and a full parking lot. The only notable disadvantage would be that their parking lot is quite small for the amount of customers they receive daily, it displays both the people’s interest and approval of the newly built department store.

• Top Stories

WMHS hosts foreign exchange students

• Top Stories

Reilly brightens children’s treatment room

• TJ Maxx celebrates Grand Opening in WM

Sports

Patriots reach the promised land again

Bucky's Backyard

Failing New Year’s resolutions

Bucky's Backyard

Show love all year, not just on Valentine’s Day

Arts & Entertainment

“Manchester by the Sea” brings audiences to tears

• Top Stories

High school students severely lacking sleep

Bucky's Backyard

How we have learned to defend women: Reenvisioning feminism

Arts & Entertainment

“Captain America: Civil War” captivates audiences

Academic Life

Highlanders honor the fallen on War and Remembrance Day

TJ Maxx celebrates Grand Opening in WM